
It is undeniable that doing the position paper is the toughest assignment that I have ever had. After completing the thesis statement, today I have come out all the supporting points for thesis statement. It is definitely not an easy job for me to come out with all the supporting points. Eventually, I have read the short story-“The Journey” for so many times as I never did this before. As Cik Siti said, I need to read between the lines to come out with supporting points. I have analyzed the story in so many ways after discussing with my friends. Luckily, I did not choose novel or play for this position paper. If not, the length of these two literary texts was so long and it will really require lots of time for me to read and analyze it. Even though it is the initial stage of doing the position paper, personally, I feel that I have learned a lot. This is the first time I truly read and examine the text thoroughly. I learned to look at different perspectives of a text. I learned to think critically about how the writer presents the characters in the story through their actions, their speech and so on. I started to realize that all this while I did not think critically when I read a literary text. Besides that, I also realized that the question “why does he say this?”, “why does he do it?” always come in my mind when I read the text. Honestly, I did not like to think about “why” before this when I read a literary text. What I would like to do last time was just finish reading the text as soon as possible. Now, doing the position paper has changed my attitude towards reading a literary text. Therefore, I have learned a lot………..
No comments:
Post a Comment