Sunday, January 21, 2007

It’s all Daedalus’ fault………………..


In my opinion, Daedalus should be blamed of causing his son death. I felt that he is the one who had killed his son indirectly. The death of Icarus will not happen if Daedalus did not create wings for him. As we can see in the story, Icarus is still young and innocent. He might not know what had happened to his father and what his father wanted to do. As a result, he just followed his father’s advice and forgot about it immediately when he was disturbed. Icarus would not die if Daedalus did not plan to get out of Crete. Furthermore, Daedalus should wait until his son is mature and only they fly out together then. From what I have stated above, I felt that it was one the reasons Icarus is more famous compered to Daedalus. Icarus had to sacrifice indirectly because of his father’s selfishness. Therefore, Daedalus should be responsible of Icarus’ death.

No comments: