Friday, March 2, 2007

Preparation......

After finished doing my position paper, it is time for me to prepare for my presentation. In this blog, let’s me recall about the process of preparing the presentation and what I have learned from the process.
Before I start preparing the visual aids for my presentation, I am quite worried thinking of how I’m going to present my position. As a result, I seek for advice from my tutor on how I should present my position paper. Nevertheless, I feel grateful to have a good tutor who is willing to give me ideas on the ways I should present my position paper. Basically, the purpose of presenting this position paper is to show others about my argument and I have to answer the audience questions if they have doubt about it. Therefore, in order to make a good presentation, I need to put more efforts in preparing the presentation.
At first, I think of presenting my position paper by using Microsoft power point. However, after considering all factors, I have decided to use transparency to present my position. The reason I want to use transparency is because I feel that the way I organize my points is more suitable to use transparency compared to power point.
As my thesis statement is mainly comparing the contrasting values in two characters, I have decided to put the textual evidences in the table to prove my arguments. I think this way will show the audience clearly the contrasting values that they have. Personally, I feel that using a transparency to perform table is more presentable compared to power point as it is not so crowded. Therefore, I organize my points systematically so that I can present it well. This process took few hours as I tried to find some images from internet to portray the points of my presentation. For me, images are important criteria to attract audience’s attention. I feel lucky because I manage to find some interesting images to put in my transparency.
In the process of preparing the visual aids for my presentation, I definitely learn something. Planning is crucial before doing a presentation. You need to plan out something before proceed with the presentation. If there is no planning for the presentation, I believe that whatever I do will be mess out as I am not able to show the audience clearly on what I am doing. So, what will happen to my audience if I do not know what I am presenting? In order to make the presentation well, I need to do a lot of preparation in many areas. This is to ensure that my presentation will be more organized.

No comments: