Friday, March 30, 2007

My Wish

I wish I will introduce the speech, “I Have A Dream” by Martin Lurther King, Jr to my students in future. I feel that the speech is so meaningful for me. Although it was not the first time I read the speech, but I do not feel bored at all to read it for many times. Indeed, I think this speech should be introduced to students in secondary school.
The reason that I think this speech should be introduced to students is because there are many values that students can learn from the speech. In other words, it will help students in developing their personal growth. Students will learn to appreciate the harmony that they have now. Besides that, they will learn about the hardship of Martin Lurther King,Jr to fight for justice.
Besides that, the diction that is used in the speech is wonderful. Many metaphors, parallel sentence structure and images were used in the speech. Other than that, there are lots of repetitions used in the speech as well. Teacher can highlight the choice of words used in the speech to students and discuss with students the reason the speech so powerful. At the same time, students will improve their vocabulary in reading the speech. It will improve students writing skills as well. Students will learn how the speech is written and the diction that is suitable that can use in a speech.
Furthermore, teacher can ask students to read aloud the speech with the correct tone and expression. This will increase students’ confidence in speaking.
Lastly, students will also be introduced to other country’s history as well. Before teacher read the speech, students should be thought the History of American.
In conclusion, it is a wise decision for teacher to introduce the speech to students in school as it brings many benefits to students.

No comments: