Monday, February 19, 2007

YEs! At Last I pass up Position Paper

Time passes fast! At last, I am able to pass up my position paper on time.
The phrase "position paper" really haunted me this few months. At first, I really feel like giving up in doing this position paper. It is not an easy process in writing this position paper. I have gone through all the inner pain and suffering in doing this position paper.
In the beginning, choosing a literary text to write is not an easy job. It is very hard for me to make decision as I am not sure what story that has issue that can be argued. Then, I have decided to do the short story- "The Journey". The purpose I have chosen the short story because I believe that I am familiar with the story and the story is short where I can read it many times before I analyze it.
However, things do not come along easily. I face lots of difficulties in writing the thesis statement. I have tried to write so many thesis statements and it has been rejected so many times. At that moment, I really feel like giving up. I feel so depressed as I still could not be able to construct a thesis statement compared to all my friends who have start working on their position paper. I have tried so hard thinking on the thesis statement that I want to do but it is not approved yet. I feel disappointed.
Fortunately, I have a tutor who guides me along the ways in doing this position paper. Without her guidance, I could not imagine whether I will be able to complete this position paper. When I have difficulties in doing the thesis statement, she teaches me on what should I do and advises me not to give up. With her help, I am able to come out the thesis statement at last. However, the efforts to find out all the topic sentence that support the thesis statement will be depends me. Due to her support, I tried to put more initiatives in working on my position paper. I read the short story for many times and read it from different perspectives in order for me to find out the points to support my thesis statement. Luckily, I manage to think of four points to support my position paper.
Thus, completing a position paper is definitely not an easy task after all. I have really worked so hard on it and I feel that I deserve to get a better mark. Besides that, many things that I have learned after doing this position paper. I must not give up so easily no matter what happened. There are ways to solve the problems if we take the initiatives to work on it. Furthermore, I must always be confident of myself where I must believe that I can do it. Furthermore, I need to seek for help when it is necessary because no man live in an island. When you ask questions, you may not know how far you would go. When doing this position paper, I do ask my friends’ opinions and ideas and it does help me to solve the problems that I faced in doing the position paper.
Lastly, I would like to thank to my tutor again-Cik Site and all my coursemate who help me directly and indirectly in doing this position paper. I learned a lot in the process of writing the position paper. Thanks a lot!

1 comment:

Monika said...

Hey. your blog is very interesting! can we link our blogs? please write back in my blog "everyday glamour" ( theres a shoutbox)
This would be nice!